Just missed a metallic red Reatta today

AZ Ron

In Laughlin, Nevada.  It was coming from a side road but was about 3 cars back.  It headed in the direction of Needles, California.  I saw it as I passed by in the other direction and did not have time to stop.  I was driving my wife's Chevy Trax so even if I had tried to turn around and chase the car down I would have seemed like a nut case.  My wife would have flipped out too if I had tried that! :D :D

Does anyone on the boards here own that car?

Ron -

I know your feeling of having another Reatta in your neighborhood and you never knew it was near your home. I live in Maryland and had a Reatta 2 miles from my home. I found out when I had a tire problem on my family car and I just casually mentioned my Reatta and the shop foreman said there was another Reatta and he said where it was and I went ASAP to the location and met with the owner and we became friends. Now my neighbors let me know when they see a Reatta. There probably are still around 12-14,000 still on the road.

Woody

I reside in Iowa and have the only Reatta in town but a 1991 silver coupe visits sometimes . Maybe see them in a local car show.

:)

IMG_3318.JPG.87591bf04096f923ef126eec00cfe85c.JPG

I've had my Reatta since 2007. I've only met about a half dozen Reatta owners since I got mine.

I've run into several locally, some have been receptive to discussing their cars, some haven't. Three or four of the ones I knew of have since been sold and I lost track of them. Seems to be a lot of turnover, and not many serious long term owners around. Most just get them because they were cheap and interesting cars. Then, when things start going wrong they bail. Yet another was a car that I bought for parts as the engine was blown, before that I sold the prior owner several parts. Shameful, as it had been a really nice car but he sold it to a guy who abused the hell out of it. It's final stop was my chop shop, where it gave it's last so that others may survive.

Honesty, I haven't seen one other than my own now for many months. Seems most have fallen away, or are being kept under wraps. The few car cruise nights I go to, I can be almost certain I'll have the only Reatta present. I do get compliments and some interest, but most of the action is in the muscle cars, 50's stuff and rat rods/customs.

Reattas are the Rodney Dangerfield of collector cars, just get no respect. That's ok. I didn't do this to get my ego stroked. I know what I like and I do it well. If I get props for it, that's great. If not, I really don't care. I can respect other collectors taste, but I also know they spent many multiples of what I did to get multiple nice cars I enjoy, just to finish one highly sought collectible. 57 Chevy's, Corvettes, Mopar muscle, 34 Ford coupes, many with 6 digit budgets abound. I can't touch that action, and I'm not trying.