Problems with the brakes, touch screen and headlight motor.

Bobs Buick

I have a beautiful 1989 , red and tan. I have a problem with the brakes, the touch screen on the dashboard and the headlight motor. It was garage kept and never driven in the winter. I bought it as an investment. Thought it just needed brake lines so I put them in exactly like they came out but it seems like the abs pump keeps running and doesn’t build pressure. I was thinking about selling it only because I have a 68 Camaro and two 67 Camaros to work on and would rather spend more time on them. So I was wondering if I could get a fair price for this one like it is or should I put the time and money in this 

Hi Bob,

You should really start your own post so we can do a better job for you. The CRT not lighting up used is about $300.00. The headlight motor kit [lift arms] is about $50.00]. If you need the complete Teves unit I would guess $600.00 or more. The pump and motor would be about $200.00.

Maybe post a couple of pictures of the car inside and out and we can all take a look at it.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

I believe a fully functioning 89 coupe in nice condition and lower miles has a market value of $6-7,000. With the problems described you’re lucky to get $3,000. I’ve already spent more on my Reatta than it’s worth, so I’m just going to enjoy driving it in between the inevitable electrical problems.  Dare I say it, buying a Reatta as an investment is risky business.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

No brakes with no solution? Price drops way down. It seems like a nice enough car, maybe Marck at East Coast Reatta might take it off your hands if you don't want to deal with the brakes and CRT.

• Like 2