Diagnostic 1988 reatta

Gregoryb

Can I jump the connector under the dash and read the codes the old fashioned way?

old gm used to flash code 12 first I believe 

Apparently no one knows??? The ALDL is used to get ABS codes, and 12 is the first code. Do the onboard diagnostics through the CRT have an issue??

8 hours ago, 2seater said:

Apparently no one knows??? The ALDL is used to get ABS codes, and 12 is the first code. Do the onboard diagnostics through the CRT have an issue??

Not a case of "no one knows" more a case of try it on your own and start a "Did you know" conversation.

I know my statement sounds frosty but geez why doesn't someone besides us four  have a conversation?

I just feel like everyone else thinks we are on some payroll and are required to answer any and all questions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Didn't answer because I don't own an '88 and didn't want to miss-quote.

Same for me, I don't own an 88, have no books for it, plus I have no idea what the "old fashion method" is.

16 hours ago, Gregoryb said:

Sorry 

I believe Dave was chiding the other members of this forum😖

As a Reatta affectionado, I am truly impressed with the knowledge of the main contributors and enjoy their forensics on solving mysteries.   It should be assumed by all that their efforts are priceless to the well being of this forum.   Please keep up the support, and thank you.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, 2seater said:

I believe Dave was chiding the other members of this forum😖

That is correct. I don't mind helping others, it's just that the majority of times someone comes on and says that something doesn't work or where can I find this and then never heard from until another need comes up. Ronnie set up the "Lounge"  and "What did I do to my Reatta today" for conversation, it would be nice if it got used now and then.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Got it I’ll try to better I’m new to forums and trying to figure it all out but thanks so much for all the help these are definitely different cars.

• Like 2