Power antenna

Gregoryb

I looked over the how toos and didn’t see anything about a broken power antenna that runs all the time.

is there a company that sells the replacement mast still?

This is the go to guy from the AACA forum. He repairs the antennas and replaces the broken plastic drive filament with a steel cable. Works very well.

Contact Barney Eaton: barneyeaton1@gmail.com

Found a place in Wisconsin called the antenna source I bought just the cable for $30 in the middle of rebuilding wish me luck 

Power antenna works perfectly now to fix the pops

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear about someone doing some hands-on repair work on their Reatta to fix it. That's not done as much as it use to be.

• Thanks 1

My crt and ac work great I just need some music now 😬

I had 8 corvettes but this car is really challenging 

Did you ever change a rear wheel bearing on your Corvettes? That's a challenge. 

I have on a 2001 no fun

its a good thing I’m a machinist my reatta has been bugging me with broken seat control bracket on the driver door so I made a new one.

I make punch press tooling 

For the radio I was going to order one from east coast but they are not shipping till August so I might buy a desoldering iron and buy a case of beer

I have a belt coming for the cassette player coming to get rid of the clicks honestly the cassette player scares me more the the radio module 

I'm a machinist to. I helped a buddy a little bit, (who is also a machinist), change the rear wheel bearing on his '74 Vette.  As I've got older I would rather pay someone to do hard jobs like that. 

Don't be afraid of the radio module repair if you are pretty good a soldering. I don't remember it being all that hard. I took my module out from the top of the console without removing a seat. Just take note of where all the wires plug in to make it easier to connect them back when the module goes back in. 

• Thanks 1

Just had to share this when I was working on my car yesterday when I turned the key the crt said happy birthday jerry that’s the previous 1 owner.

these cars were truly ahead of their time.

• Like 3

What is easier taking the module out the side or top?

Fred gets his new fuel pump today hope it fixes him

IMG_5831.png

The guy replacing my fuel pump noticed my fuel pump Pulsator seals are rotted and probably was my leak problem 

The mechanic was impressed by the single rear mono leaf spring 

49 minutes ago, Gregoryb said:

The guy replacing my fuel pump noticed my fuel pump Pulsator seals are rotted and probably was my leak problem 

That makes sense. Did he replace the pulsator with a piece of fuel line included with the pump to eliminate that problem in the future?

I just told him to do it he wanted to go stock with a new pulsator so it’s ok to bypass it with the fuel line?

I had the guys that installed my fuel pump use the short piece of the hose on mine. I think it makes a tighter connection if clamps are installed properly. The pulsator was used to quite the pump. Noise was not a problem with the hose. either one will work.