Instrument Panel Lights

Top Down

I have a gremlin somewhere.    Instrument panel lights work fine EXCEPT when I turn on the headlights.   The headlights work just fine but the instrument panel lights go somewhere into the dark like a mystery novel.   Is there a detective in the house..........?

Have you checked the dimmer slider on the headlight switch to see it has been slid to the left?

• Thanks 1

The dimmer slider is always set in the mid range..........I never move it to avoid snapping it off.    I am ready for the next chapter of the mystery novel............?

Is it the '89 or the '90. I have an intermittent problem with mine on the '89 and I believe it is in the console fog/running light switch. I just turn it on and off several times and it comes back on. But for me it is when I go from bights to dims on the headlights that the pods [wipers/Headlight switches go out]. Hasn't happened in months though.

Ronnie was, in fact, correct in that the panel light adjustment was the issue.   The '90 Reatta has a lever type adjustment for the panel lights.   The lever is a flimsy piece of plastic which requires that it be pushed inward and then slide to the desired position.   You need to be light figured to avoid breaking this lever.   Evidently the lever was not seated properly which prevented the instrument lights to come on when the headlights were activated.   I also noted that the lever needed to be positioned to the right of the scale mid-point in order for proper operation.   Case closed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1