Padgett

DAVES89

As I stated on the Reatta AACA Forum it appears that a long time poster and a real friend of anyone interested in cars has passed. From what I was able to find out he was dealing with a cancer. He was a wounded decorated Viet Nam vet.

I enjoyed his posts and always knew that Padgett got  interested in any car problem I had it would get solved. He will be missed not just on this forum but many others.

RIP Padgett...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 1

Never met the guy but it got to be a fun game trying to decipher his posts and acronyms. He is missed not only here but a wide variety of forums and organizations. RIP

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Based on his posts and replies it was quite obvious that he was a very intelligent guy.  I do agree it was fun trying to decipher some of his acronyms.  I usually ending up asking my 24-year-old grandson what they meant!  I have to say I'm proud of any individual that served in country (my brother served 2 tours '70-'73).  RIP Padgett.

• Agree 1

I am deeply saddened by this news. I agree that Padgett was most colorful in his posts (I, too, had to look up what some of his acronyms meant), but you could generally rely on an informative response - often over my head. We've lost a major contributor to the Reatta family. And, as a Vietnam veteran, we owe him our gratitude for his service to our country. Rest in peace our friend.

• Agree 1

I was saddened by the news of Padgett's passing. I've suspected it for some time but wasn't certain since I could find no obituary. He has contributed so much to ROJ and the Reatta community. He was a great source of knowledge about the Buick Reatta, especially the electronics. He will be missed. 

• Agree 2

Padgett and I were friends for many many years. I knew he was very ill - I last heard from him in May when I was planning a trip up to see him.

I am now trying to locate his son, so I can get a few boxes of my things I had stored at Padgett's house. If anyone knows how to do that, please contact me dr. sarah.gordon@gmail. com

Padgett was one of the kindest most generous human beings I have ever known. We worked and played together for many year. We camped together, travelled, enjoyed dinners. When I was at my lowest, he came and helped me through it. I am stunned to hear of his passing, expected but not expected.

He loved his cars. One of them he bought because  I liked it :).  

I will miss him greatly.

• Thanks 2