Replacing a fuel pump looks like I might need an assembly too.

jg2003

So just as the title states I have dropped my tank and was replacing my fuel pump however I might need a whole assembly. Does the reatta share fuel pump assemblies with other Buicks or is that a model-specific part? The part that the previous owner gave me only has two fuel lines for the sending unit while our cars have three so it's no good. I would like to put a new assembly in while I'm replacing other stuff to avoid the hassle. I looked online and couldn't find any fuel pump assemblies for the reatta other than something on partsgeek but it doesn't have much information on it. 

Dorman692-102 is a replacement unit for our cars. It is for a Cadillac and the resistance [at least for me] indicates you have 3 gallons less gas in your car then you actually have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2023 at 6:10 PM, DAVES89 said:

Dorman692-102 is a replacement unit for our cars. It is for a Cadillac and the resistance [at least for me] indicates you have 3 gallons less gas in your car then you actually have.

Dave, I saw that the Dorman uses metal lines for the fuel lines what's the best way of adapting it for the reatta? I was thinking about cutting the fuel lines and then fitting them on. But I don't know if there's a better way of adapting it.

I don't know as the one I did [1989] had the metal lines. I also had the shop do it so I really can't offer anything.

• Like 1