AC not working, says low pressure so it disables the compressor...

Chrisssssssss

Hey all, having issues with my AC, it keeps on saying that it has very low pressure so it disables the compressor. I know for a fact it has LOTS of pressure, to the point of too much pressure. If I increase the pressure, it does work and the warning message goes away, but that ends up being at like between 90-110 PSI. Right now the AC is at like 80 PSI and the warning message doesn't go off until it hits 90 or so psi. If I increase the pressure, the AC does start to work but the compressor makes a heck of a racket and it does not blow very cold air. I am assuming that the compressor cannot compress the coolant much if it's under this higher pressure so therefore the AC performance is degraded. If I let out some of the pressure, the AC does start to work better and blows colder, however then the low pressure warning comes on the screen and shuts it down. I have replaced the pressure sensor (on the AC lines on the passenger side by the upper firewall area... and this did not help. I was wondering that instead of trying to troubleshoot the system, if I can just jumper the wires straight across and basically bypass the pressure sensor if this would eliminate the shut off of the compressor due to faulty something somewhere. I may give it a try, but it was just on my mind and was curious what the input on the situation is here. 

Thanks

Do you have a full set of gauges on the system and is it converted to 134a?

4 hours ago, Chrisssssssss said:

I know for a fact it has LOTS of pressure, to the point of too much pressure. 

Are you checking the low side pressure with the engine running and the compressor clutch engaged?