Vetronix TECH 1

Ohjai

I recently purchase a TECH 1 with lots of manuals and cartridges.  Would it be beneficial for me to scan the manuals and post on here?

image.png.634a663a000d662a5aed364e8998c99f.png

Not my forum so I cannot answer, but I do have a question.  If there are actual numbers for the expected results, that seems to be a common question, so that could be useful. 

I am still trying to get use to it and figure out what it is trying to tell me to do.  The one test that I ran and can repeat is the Injector Balance Test.  It indicates the RPM, then you press a button to shut off the fuel to that cylinder for 3 seconds, then go to the next cylinder.  At each one you can see how much the RPMs drop.  To me it is kind of like pulling a plug to see what effect it has.  But since it is shutting the fuel off for 3 seconds, that is also telling me if there is a spark-fuel-compression  problem.

I was able to operate the radio to verify all the controls are working.  Since I have no speaker output with all the functions working I suppose my main radio unit is my culprit.  But, I did not need this tester to show me this, I can operate it from the panel.

I have the amber antilock light lit  on the hardtop, later today I hope to run the ABS test.  I will get back to the forum to let you know how it went.

2 hours ago, Ohjai said:

Would it be beneficial for me to scan the manuals and post on here?

The question that comes to mind is, how many people own the Tech 1 scanner that would use the manual? The Tech 1 is a good scanner but the Reatta's onboard diagnostic system can do a lot once you learn how to use it. I'm pretty sure it can turn the injectors on and off as you describe to test to see if a cylinder if firing. And it can give most of the sensor data that is routinely needed. I'm not opposed to adding the manual if it is something that would be used on a regular basis.

• Thanks 1

I do like the fact that that scanner has a direct readout of the rpm simultaneous with the injector shut off. Very handy and I wasn't aware of that.

• Like 1

I love gadgets and test instruments.  It took me awhile to accumulate a system with the correct cables, cartridges, and adapters, this is part of the fun I have in the hobby.  The reason I posted this thread, is I found very little information on the web for this system.  If someone asks, I can scan a copy of the appropriate manual for them. 

Since this system works for most GM cars from the mid 80s to 2000 I am surprised there is not more info out there.

• Like 1