Bumper Trim Separation

mrparty

Hello!

It looks like the trim is starting to separate from my front bumper in the center and corners. Similar is happening at the rear bumper, but not as bad. Has anyone else ran into this issue, or have an idea of what to use to stick the trim piece back to the bumper?

bumpersep.jpg

I think that is a common issue. I don't think the rubber trim molding is attached with an adhesive. I believe I've read that there are studs or clips that attach it to the bumper. I think I remember Jim Finn writing an article about using a heat gun to make the molding  conform to the contour of the bumper again but I can't seem to find it right now. Contact Jim, reattas60@gmail.com,  and ask him about it before trying it. Jim is a great source for used Reatta parts. If you can't fix yours, Jim will probably have a good used molding to replace it with.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I think that is a common issue. I don't think the rubber trim molding is attached with an adhesive. I believe I've read that there are studs or clips that attach it to the bumper. I think I remember Jim Finn writing an article about using a heat gun to make the molding  conform to the contour of the bumper again but I can't seem to find it right now. Contact Jim, reattas60@gmail.com,  and ask him about it before trying it. Jim is a great source for used Reatta parts. If you can't fix yours, Jim will probably have a good used molding to replace it with.

Thank you for the referral Ronnie! Just sent Jim an email to see what he might recommend. I hope the heat gun trick will work.

• Like 1