Drivers Seat Scuff Repair

Top Down

On the outside bolster of the driver's seat, I inherited a quarter size scuff from the previous owner.   After contacting Pacific Custom Interiors, I was introduced to a off site individual who specializes in repairing leather seats.   His tool kit consisted of various dyes so he went to work on my car.   In 30 minutes, the job was finished with excellent results.   Color match was perfect............he also recommended cleaning the soiled backside of my gray steering wheel with glass cleaner.   I gave it a try and the results were amazing.   With minimal rubbing the dirt/grime was removed and the surface not affected in any way.

DSC06459.JPG

DSC06591.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can he, or anyone else for that matter, do anything about outright holes in the leather?  My recently acquired '90 coupe has a quarter sized hole in the driver's armrest.  Those previous owners are rough on leather interiors!

I also explored that option and the answer was to replace the bolster portion of the seat with new leather.   Cost was somewhere in the neighborhood of $200-300.    Another alternative is to re-cover the whole seat, but at $600 it is not realistic.   Now we know why there are so many seat covers in cars..........................

3 hours ago, sarookha said:

Can he, or anyone else for that matter, do anything about outright holes in the leather?  My recently acquired '90 coupe has a quarter sized hole in the driver's armrest.  Those previous owners are rough on leather interiors!

Armrest on the door or the console cover? If it's the door good luck. Console cover the back of a Reatta seat is vinyl just like the console cover is. Cut the back off a junked Reatta and you have a perfect match.

The bolster can be replaced by using the front half of a Reatta headrest. The headrest front is leather and very supple due to all the grease from hair.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

Armrest on the door or the console cover? If it's the door good luck. Console cover the back of a Reatta seat is vinyl just like the console cover is. Cut the back off a junked Reatta and you have a perfect match.

The bolster can be replaced by using the front half of a Reatta headrest. The headrest front is leather and very supple due to all the grease from hair.

The door armrest, unfortunately...

Look for a "vinyl Doctor" and have them look at it. I never use the door arm rest as it's too hard to get another door. I have learned to lean on the console...

• Agree 1

To this day, I can't ignore the urge to have my arm extended out the driver's side window...............kind of like a dog sticking his head out the window while the car is in motion.

• Haha 1