Front Struts

Padgett

Looks like I may have found a replacement for the front struts even if the vendor doesn't know it.

This is the paper that was packed inside:

strutz.jpg.bf27cd06b0d64e14fc2162b7afab75d2.jpg

Bought here  for Allante spare but don't think vendor knows about Reatta. Any dimensions to check ?

stutb.jpg.19e41ce6f138234b918fce30a30c1367.jpg

This is one set of two. Let me know what you think.

Edited by Padgett

I didn't realize there was a problem getting front struts. RockAuto shows several brands are in stock for the front. No rears. Is that wrong?.

• Agree 1

Any insight into what an "active to passive conversion kit" is supposed to do?

Staring in 1989 Allantes got what Cadillac called Speed Sensitive Damping with electrically controlled shocks and struts. These have been unobtanium for some years. Most people turn off the diagnostics (BCM Option). These are replacements Apparently they also fit many GM cars including the Reatta and include a resistor to tell the BCM that all is OK. Since I have both Reattae and Allantes thought it would be a good spare for both.

4 hours ago, Padgett said:

Staring in 1989 Allantes got what Cadillac called Speed Sensitive Damping with electrically controlled shocks and struts. These have been unobtanium for some years. Most people turn off the diagnostics (BCM Option). These are replacements Apparently they also fit many GM cars including the Reatta and include a resistor to tell the BCM that all is OK. Since I have both Reattae and Allantes thought it would be a good spare for both.

My '99 Eldo ETC had that option, but not my '00 Eldo ESC.

Always liked the et ceteras. But were not available with a Getrag.

• 2 weeks later...

Im replacing mine as we speak. The parts you got look identical to mine... I compared them to my old parts. A few minor upgrades. I'll be re-installing tomorrow.