Broken hood release lever on 89

89reattaWI

The hood release lever is broken and I need pliers to keep tension on the cable. Is there any replacements you guys know of? Or will I forever be keeping pliers in the back seat area.

29 minutes ago, 89reattaWI said:

The hood release lever is broken and I need pliers to keep tension on the cable. Is there any replacements you guys know of? Or will I forever be keeping pliers in the back seat area.

There are a number of Reattas at the Fredonia you pick yard.

• Agree 1

Thank you guys. Fredonia you pick yard is a distance from my house. Around 60 miles but eventually when I can drive my reatta down there I’ll check it out.

This topic reminds me why I installed an emergency hood release cable on my car. Below is how I did it. Nothing fancy. Just something I can grab and pull on in case the main hood release won't work from inside the car. I highlighted the route of the cable in yellow. The red wire nut is on the end to make it easy to find when looking up under the car. It's one of those things that is better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Sorta like an insurance policy. 🙂 

emergency_release_cable-3.JPG

emergency_release_cable-1.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

This topic reminds me why I installed an emergency hood release cable on my car. Below is how I did it. Nothing fancy. Just something I can grab and pull on in case the main hood release won't work from inside the car.

This will definitely be added to my reatta for easier access to the engine bay thank you Ronnie. This forum has been helpful. I was wondering if I’d be able to get any information on reattas since not many are still around and parts have been discontinued. I’m glad I found your website since I think there’s more problems than I know about.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Don't forget to check the Reatta parts vendors listed under the "MORE INFO" drop-down at the top of this forum.

Additionally, another Reatta parts vendor is East Coast Reatta Parts, Marck Barker.

Edited by ship
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Top Down said:

Ronnie, how did you attach your emergency cable to the release clip?   

To be honest, it has been so long ago that I don't remember. Just by looking at the photo, I think I must have put a glob of solder on the end of the cable. or I might have found something to crimp on the end of the cable. Then just clipped the cable in the latch with the other cable. Next time I have the car up where I can see it I will take a look at it.

• Like 1