Front brake lines

LittleRed

Greetings all! Continuing my restoration of my 88 and redid the rear brake lines. The front ones looked good so I didn't mess with them, only replaced the hoses and rebuilt the calipers. HOWEVER, in bleeding the system, I got a pin hole leak in the passenger side front line. I now have to do something. I was thinking of replacing the whole line but where it goes over the exhaust in the middle of the car looks to be a major task. I could put in a splice on the passengers side but wanted your thought before I proceed. Thanks!

Edited by LittleRed

It is a major task requiring working in a tight area and removing a guard. My friend Bob did it with my assistance and my recommendation is to use a double flair splice. If I remember right we got it done, but because I drive Reattas year round and knew I would be dealing with another issue with brake lines and splices I bought a different type of flairing tool. It is more of a handle type  and is a specific size to work in tight areas. I bought it off Amazon.

Daves89 Thank you so much for the advice! So glad I reached out to the club because I would have gone ahead and started removing the line only to find out how hard it would have been to replace. Also, thanks for the suggestion of doing double flares rather than doing bubble flares. Doing double flares in that tight space was hard but workable. Got it all put together and it seems to be solid and holding. Thanks again!!!