Ignition switch

Tallicat

Just received my two "keys" from Amazon. They are Delco units and one will stay here in Texas and the other one goes home with me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

Just received my two "keys" from Amazon. They are Delco units and one will stay here in Texas and the other one goes home with me.

Mine arrived last week and I must say, it is larger and more robust than I imagined 👍

I just ordered one of the racks just in case they get discontinued. It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 5:19 PM, Ronnie said:

I just ordered one of the racks just in case they get discontinued. It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Got mine today.  I hope I won't need it.

Agree, try to have all of the really oddball spares for my cars. Whodathunk rear shocks would be hard to find.

Ordered an ignition switch rack compatible with my '91 (different part # than previous years' Reatta) from Parts Geek.   

23 minutes ago, ship said:

Ordered an ignition switch rack compatible with my '91 (different part # than previous years' Reatta) from Parts Geek.   

Do you think the 1990 is different then the 1989? Could you look that up for me Ship?

2 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

Do you think the 1990 is different then the 1989? Could you look that up for me Ship?

According to Parts Geek:

88 Reatta part # is 2649-07443458

89 Reatta part # is 2650-07443458

90 Reatta part # is 2651-07443458

91 Reatta part # is 2652-07443458

All Parts Geek descriptions say it is for Reatta with a tilt steering wheel.

Do the 88-90 Reattas all have a tilt steering wheel?  I don't know, but my 91 does.

The 86-93 Parts and Illustrations Catalog does not list a part number until the 92-93 Rivieras (7827157).

The 88-89 Reatta/Riviera part picture looks different than the 90-91 Reatta/Riviera part picture.

The 90-91 Reatta/Riviera part picture looks the same as the 92-93 Riviera part picture.

My guess is that when GM introduced the air bag for the 90 Reatta/Riviera, certain steering column parts changed.

I hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Ship. Went to Parts Geek and ordered the one for a 1990. And yes all years of Reattas had tilt steering columns.

• Thanks 1