Side and Front Bumper Molding

THE CAT

Hello Fellow Reatta Owners,

It's been several months since I've posted anything, but i have been reading the posts of others. Since I received assistance with my issues back

in Sept. 2022, I've been experiencing the fun of driving this wonderful car and enjoying the looks, stares and questions from observers. However, I have another set of issues that occurred as a result of an unaware driver blindly entering an intersection and hitting my 96 year old stepmother's 1988 Riatta. Though it was low impact, my heart dropped. But when I got out to look at the damage I was amazed and thankful that there was no bumper damage or damage to the body of the car.

The impact occurred on the passenger side corner of the bumper, just below the headlight. (see image.)

My one question is what are the chances of being able to repair/replace the rubber molding on the bumper. At the same time the side molding on the driver's side 

door is coming apart and the mechanic I've been dealing with has ordered the clips, but they have not arrived. Is there another source of these clips that i could use to obtain the proper clips for the side molding?

Seems like when it rains it pours. But or course I realize this is a 35 year old car, and since it's being driven more than before (it was just sitting), things are bound to happen. Just yesterday, my rear view mirror fell off of the windshield and upon inspection I can see it was held up by some strong glue from 35 years ago! If it's  just as simple as gluing it back on, what would be the preferred and most effective glue to use?

If these issues can be repaired that would be great.

Also, I'm dealing with the insurance company of the driver that hit me and he has admitted 100% fault, so I need to give them an estimate of the damage and possibly take it to a body shop that is familiar with this car. (Good luck on that.)

If there is a resource of mechanics/body shops on the east coast in the Maryland, Virginia, DC area that would be great to know.

So that's my story for now. Any information you can provide is most appreciated.

Riatta Molding Damag.jpg

Jim Finn probably has everything you need including the side molding clips, he may even have the molding. reattas60@gmail.com

Rear view mirror glue is special, I buy it from Amazon.

Edited by Padgett