Throttle body cleaning

tomsbuick

:S  I was driving my 90 coupe the other day and the accelerator would get stuck and thought this was a dirty butterfly in

the throttle body so I bought throttle body spray cleaner, removed the MAF sensor started the engine and sprayed in the

throttle body revving the engine off and on sprayed about a third of the can. I reassembled everything returned the MAF sensor

and even cleaned the IAC with the cleaner spray but now I have to pump the gas to start have keep higher rpm or it will idle weak

and rough. Any comments are welcome.

Is it possible the cleaner you used is puddled in the engine causing it to run poorly? If you can get the engine started, hold it at about 2500 rpm for a while to give the cleaner a chance to clear out. If that doesn't work try unplugging the MAF and see if it runs better. It's possible you could have damaged the MAF when you had it out.

Interesting! I am curious on how this plays out...Tom please let us know what was the cause and what you did to fix it.

I agree with Ronnie's comment above. It might also be the IAC or even EGR valve sticking open acting like a vacuum leak at idle. Also check the vacuum manifold that no vacuum lines came off or cracked.

Wow Dave is that the correct posting time (3:11 am) I thought I was the only one for staying up past 1am. ;)

Interesting! I am curious on how this plays out...Tom please let us know what was the cause and what you did to fix it.

Careless me- i failed to re-connect the PCV valve which i was changing after that the engine ran great with proper idle.