New Reatta owner from Canada

LightningInTune

Sorry for the late night post. I suppose I'll introduce myself, I'm Cole, I bought a 1989 Reatta in really good physical shape from a guy who has only driven it 10,000 miles since 2003 and has let it sit for a majority of its life. I have the touchscreen, 16 way seats and a weird fabric roof. I'll post pictures tomorrow when I wash the car. I'm gonna end up needing lots of help and advice as this is kinda my first project car and also my first car pre-2001.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum! There are lots of knowledgeable folks here that will give you help and advice.  

I'm curious about the "weird fabric roof". Are you saying you have a cloth top reatta? I own a cloth top Buick park avenue ultra. It is the only cloth top park ave I have ever seen. 

• Like 1

It looks like it was a factory request, or aftermarket, however the Buick logo is upside down and I've tried to check and I'm pretty sure there is a real roof under it ( I would assume it's probably very rusty by now)

20221015_145801.jpg

20221015_145741.jpg

20221015_145730.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting, a fake convertible top on a Reatta. Usually only see that on Caddies and Lincolns although I did see one on a Chevy Corsica and a Mercury Topaz😖

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

I've had a photo of that car on my computer for a few years. Don't have any details on it other than I named the file "Rawjas Buick Reatta" when I saved it. I think there use to be a guy on the forums with the username Rawja. Not heard from him for years. You might have his car. I kept the photo because I thought Buick would have done well to have made the convertibles look similar to it with a more sloping roof line.

Rawjas_Buick_Reatta_1989_CarriageTop_01.jpg

This sort of reminds me of the mid year '63-67 Corvette convertibles which had an auxiliary hardtop which was the same color as the car.   This was an option which allowed the owner to have both a convertible and coupe (sort of) on the same car.   The hardtop was removeable and had to be stored off the car when not in use.   The '67 Corvette had a black vinyl covered hardtop as an option which this photo reminded me of it.

• Like 1

Thanks Ronnie, I'm pretty sure that is my car except for the rocker panels, they've been covered with a black plastic, because im pretty sure those rims aren't factory to the Reattas.

I bought the car from a nice old guy named Eddy, I think this car has been in Winnipeg it's whole life ill have to run a Vin report at some point.

It does have several electrical problems as I'm certain mice have gotten to the wires after years of sitting. Ah and my sunroof doesn't work, the motor does but the sunroof itself doesn't move. 

Any help would be appreciated!