DETAILING

89 MAUI

I do my own detailing, and the Red has 317,000 miles [second engine third transmission], the Black has 240,000 miles [original engine and transmission] and the 'vert has 135,000 [original engine and transmission].

• Like 1

I also do my own detailing: interior, exterior, engine compartment.  Currently my '91 has just over 110K miles.

• Like 1

I had my ‘88 professionally polished and 5 year ceramic coated earlier this year. It has 61,000 miles currently and I  bought it with 57,000 miles in July 2000. The paint was a bit worse for the wear and I’m trying to preserve originality as long as possible. I do the interior myself and with the exception of repainting the engine cover, haven’t done any detailing of the engine bay.

• Like 2

I do it all myself. Wash, wax and keep it clean. I put leather cleaner/conditioner on the seats and protectant on the dash and other plastic parts. I've never tried to detail it to show quality. It's not a low mileage, show quality car. I drive it several times a week in good weather. I would rather be driving than sitting in a lawn chair behind it at a car show.

• Like 4

I fall into the DIY category. Over 135K miles on the odometer. Mine, too, is not show quality, but it still garners a lot of attention. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A community at another project had an auto detailer detailing a car at their house and one of my neighbors called his tel # and made an appointment for her car and my wife spoke to her and she was quite pleased with his cleaning.  My wife had him detail her 2 year Subaru Forester and he charged her $120 and she was quite pleased also and he did do a really good job.  I had him look at the Reatta and I requested for him not to use ceramic coating on my carnauba paste wax and he quoted me $80.  He spent 2 hours on the interior and trunk and he looked under my hood which I had spent time cleaning almost everything previously which he spent maybe 20 minutes on and the Reatta was very clean plus he removed a stain in the carpet.  I was quite pleased also so I gave him a $20 tip.  BTW  thus far 6 neighbors have made appointments with him.

• Like 1