Supercharged

Jimy Kraus

GM used the 3.8L V-6 in several different models, to include a version with a supercharger(blower).  I'm not precisely sure which models and years but there were enough produced to where they are abundantly available throughout salvage yards all across the nation.  I have considered putting a complete take out engine with the blower in my Reatta. My only concern is the electronical aspect of it.  EVERYTHING runs thru that CRT and I would prefer not "hacking" the Hell out of my car and want it to remain appearing as close to something OEM as possible. Anyone ever have any experience in doing this retrofit ??

I believe that 2seater is attempting that as I type this...

• Like 1

If you SEARCH on the subject it has been done many times, on touchscreen and non. The operating system is the same and the touchscreen has zero control over the engine control, the ECM does that. The touchscreen is a display only for engine data, plus some temporary overrides available, same as non touch. All the same sensors are employed, including the MAF output frequency, so it is all compatible, the only exception is the loss of EGR control. Some chip programming is required, but any Series I bolts in and hooks up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2seater said:

If you SEARCH on the subject it has been done many times, on touchscreen and non. The operating system is the same and the touchscreen has zero control over the engine control, the ECM does that. The touchscreen is a display only for engine data, plus some temporary overrides available, same as non touch. All the same sensors are employed, including the MAF output frequency, so it is all compatible, the only exception is the loss of EGR control. Some chip programming is required, but any Series I bolts in and hooks up.

Awesome !! I can purchase a supercharged Regal for $400 bucks.  The car it self is a filthy roach, but it runs and drives great.  

3 hours ago, Jimy Kraus said:

Awesome !! I can purchase a supercharged Regal for $400 bucks.  The car it self is a filthy roach, but it runs and drives great.  

That doesn’t sound like a Series 1 engine to me. Series 2, 1996 onward, should work, but no knowledge of how or if

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, 2seater said:

That doesn’t sound like a Series 1 engine to me. Series 2, 1996 onward, should work, but no knowledge of how or if

My mistake. It's a Riviera.