Touch Up Paint?

ColoradoReatta

Does anyone know the best place to get touch-up paint for the Reatta? I have the white (1990) and I think the paint code is GM 40? My local O'Reilly didn't have it.

Thanks so much!

I also have a white Reatta (GM 40) and found touch up paint at both Advance Auto and Auto Zone.  You probably could find it on Ebay and/or Amazon, also.

Oreilly says it's called "arctic white"...Does that sound right?

11 hours ago, ColoradoReatta said:

Oreilly says it's called "arctic white"...Does that sound right?

Yes, GM40/WA8554 is called "Artic White".

• Like 1

NYET ! GM 40 is a cream white. Arctic White (GM 10) is a bluer white almost harsh. Personally like 10 better than 40.

BTW the name is liable to change with the year but the code stays the same.

Well, my car ID tag says GM40 Artic White.  Up through 1991 GM10 WA9567 was call Classic White.  GM40 WA8554 (which is on my car) was called Artic White.  In 1992, GM10 WA9567 was now called Artic White (the "Classic" name was dropped). 

Edited by ship

Interesting...seems there's a potential discrepancy here...It did seem at first to be too stark white as it was going on and still wet, but when it dried it seems a little closer match.

Did I read somewhere that the car will show the true paint code somewhere in the trunk under the mat where the spare tire is?

Thanks so much for all your help!

Edited by ColoradoReatta

5 hours ago, ColoradoReatta said:

Did I read somewhere that the car will show the true paint code somewhere in the trunk under the mat where the spare tire is?

Thanks so much for all your help!

Yes, it's called a "Service Parts Label" and it will show the paint color (code) that was applied when your car was built.  Look for a rectangular stick-on label in the trunk under the mat where the spare tire is stored.  Go to PaintRef.com - Automotive Truck Fleet Paint Color Code Cross Reference for auto paint references.

Edited by ship
  • Like 2