Dash Went Blank Says 00 MPH, ERROR

ColoradoReatta

So I was not having great luck last night when I took her out for a short drive...problem with the headlamp was first...one not popping up...then on the way back home, all of the sudden the dash goes completely blank except for the MPH showing 00, and the odometer showed "ERROR" and the "Electrical Problem"...

Fortunately, I was only a block from my house...

When I got home, I turned off the engine and started it back up and everything was back to normal.

One thing I thought of was that it had been raining a little and I had my window down once it stopped raining. I was at a drive-thru and the rain was dripping off the roof right on to my drivers side door as I waited for my ice cream. I wondered if water got in my door panel and shorted out a wire?

Man, this car is going to keep you on your toes. It might be a wire coming unseated from a connection. There is a ground behind the battery that has been known to become disconnected and needs a little TLC from time to time.

That's for sure!

Thanks for the idea. I'll check that out. I live on a bumpy dirt road so maybe something shook loose...

Make sure the cover under the steering column that says "Do not Remove" is tight.

Oh Wow! Let me check that!

These cars are CRAZY! Hahahaha!

Sanity is optional however that completes the loop for a serial LAN (ALDL) GM used from 1981 to 1995.