Stripped T15 Torx Screw

ColoradoReatta

Ok...here's a weird one...

I was attempting to remove the dash in order to remove my radio to fix the stuck cassette tape...I got 3 screws out and then realized that the 2nd from the far left screw is stripped. I believe it is just the head of the screw, so I can't get a grip with my driver. I'm trying not to damage anything and the hole in the dash is too small to reach the screw with a pliers. I'm thinking of trying to cut the screw between where the two dashes meet since there's a small gap there as the screw is not tight. I'm assuming a previous owner was trying to unscrew the screw and stripped it which is why it's loose.

Any ideas?

Edited by ColoradoReatta

• ColoradoReatta changed the title to Stripped T15 Torx Screw

If you are lucky you  might find a small easy-out that will fit in the hole in the head and bite so you can twist it out.

Have you guys ever seen these screws rust in the dash? I've noticed that on some cars even though the cars don't have water damage. I think the humidity gets to them and rusts these out.

My first guess would be trying the plyers, but you said it's too small a space to get them out. You might can try drilling into the screw with a small drill bit and then unscrewing the screw when you get a good grip in it. It's probably too small to do that either but a possibility.

• Agree 1