Brake Warning

Nailhed66

Both the red brake and yellow,ABS warning lights have come on along with Low brake pressure warning message. Brakes feel fine and reservoir has been at normal levels.  Could temperature be a factor I wonder, as external thermometer is showing 102 degrees and engine temperature at 208. I welcome any opinions on this. Thanks 

Heat can be a factor if you are constantly on and off the brakes. I had about the same problem a few years ago while driving on an eleven mile loop in Cades Cove in the Smoky Mountains. I was creeping along in bumper to bumper traffic going up and down long hills that required me to constantly be on the brakes. Before I got to the end of the loop the red and yellow brake lights came on. After a just little longer I lost power brakes. I stopped and discovered the pump wasn't running. We sat in the shade on the side of the road about 45 minutes while the brakes cooled and the brakes started working normally again.  Me constantly being on the brakes, and the heat build up in the engine compartment from creeping along bumper to bumper, was the main cause of my problem, but I think a weak accumulator contributed to my problem by causing the pump to run a lot more than it should.

You  can go to Diagnostic>BCM>BCM inputs and see if the BCM thinks the parking brake is on, the fluid is low, or the brake pressure is low.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply. Driving in stop and go traffic all morning in the heat probably is a factor and further investigation will be needed.

I parked the car under a shade tree for about 40 minutes and when I started it the lights were gone and everything seems OK.

another quirky temperature related Reatta issue I guess. The AC is blowing nice and cold now after getting warning messages in the early spring about low refrigerant level. I took no action whatsoever on the AC and the issue corrected itself with the warm temperatures. Driving this car is always an adventure, you never know what lights or warnings will pop up…

• Like 2
  • Agree 1