Two rare Reatta's

blitjen

Hello Reatta lovers, I know this is a long shot but I am trying to find a few unique Reatta's that had factory (Riviera) phones installed by a friend of mine who worked for GM.  Please check out the article below (pdf attached), has anyone ever seen or heard of these.  This article is probably close to 30 years old but it would be cool to see where these cars ended up. 

Thanks in advance everyone!

Reatta.pdf

• Like 1

This is such a cool bit of history! I'm curious to see if anybody knew about this. What surprises me is that the 1986 Riviera had some features that the Reatta never received. One feature was a keyless code entry with numbers on the door panel. This is something mostly seen on Ford vehicles but it was an available option on the 1986 Riviera. Also, the Riviera had reversible seat cushions that were interesting. Has anybody ever seen the 1989 Pontiac Grand Prix seats? They were thirty way adjustable seats.

Edited by BlakesReatta

The original owner of my '92 Riviera (I was third owner) had the Buick dealership (Bergstrom Buick of WI) install a car phone at the time of purchase.  When I sold it in 2018, I kept the car phone.  It's in a box in my cellar in case I ever want to "install" it in my '91 Reatta for show.

When I bought the Red from the second owner [Fort Lauderdale] it had a phone in it. Took it out and threw it away. Looked factory. Magnavox if I remember right.

One of my 90s had the Magnavox unit but handset was missing. Have it "somewhere" but haven't seen in years.

Hello everyone, quick update, thanks to Marck from East Coast Reatta I have located the cars...

TGIF and have a great weekend!!