OEM Floor Mats

blitjen

Hello everyone, I'm excited to be part of the community, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on where to source OEM grey floor mats for my 1989 Reatta.  I have found some manufacturers online that will make some with the Buick Tri-Shield logo on them but the with the original "R" insignia.  Thanks in advance and have a great weekend!!

Brent~

2 hours ago, Padgett said:

Men in sheds are alive in California.

That seems to be an odd answer to a new forum member. What does that mean?

It means that there are many very small shops (men in sheds) in California making automotive specialty and custom items.

Sorry, looks like the original meaning has been superseded by a UK organization. I am out of touch with the modern world.

Edited by Padgett

4 hours ago, blitjen said:

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on where to source OEM grey floor mats for my 1989 Reatta. 

I don't think you will find any new Reatta mats with the R emblem on them.  Maybe some for a Riviera but the R is slightly different. If you can find some with a Tri-shield that will come off, Barney Eaton might still have some of the Reatta R emblems that you can glue on them. He use to sell the emblems.

Welcome to the forum. You might also try Jim Fin from the vendors list. He has all kinds of stuff.

• Agree 1

But he wants grey...

Either Jim or Marck at East Coast Reattas.

Yes, the point of me sharing that was to remind folks that things do periodically come up on ebay if you keep an eye out. They do tend to be snapped up quickly though.

At $200.00 I believe they will be there for some time. I prefer the Riviera floor mat myself...

51 minutes ago, Padgett said:

I put clear plastic mats over mine.

I do the same.  However, if by chance you go for the 400-point BCA judging, their rules state that you have to remove all mats as they are not factory installed...a little obsessive BCA-wise if you ask me...just sayin'.

Those are '88 floor mats that are on eBay. They are not original for '89-'91 models. Looks like some of the loops that hold the plastic grid to the mat are missing on them. I'm watching to see how much they sell for.

My mats are in much better shape than those. I've got thin rubber mats that I keep on top of the carpet mats except when I go to a car show/cruise-in where I expect people to be looking inside the car. The tan rubber mats match the tan seats pretty good so most people don't notice them unless I point out the original carpet mats underneath.

Ronnie, thanks for pointing out that they are for the 88 cars. Just like that 88 specific horn button.

1 hour ago, ship said:

I do the same.  However, if by chance you go for the 400-point BCA judging, their rules state that you have to remove all mats as they are not factory installed...a little obsessive BCA-wise if you ask me...just sayin'.

My winter Black was a "Silver" award winner when the P.O. owned it. I removed the like new 16 way suede bolster seats and replaced them with two 16 way passenger seats. Still have the '88 floor mats in it, but changed the shifeter knob out for a T handle, took out the brown horn button and put in a sunburst button. Non original equipment plug wires and tires. There must be more but I can't think of it. 

I guess if someone wanted the '88 floor mats [tan] I could offer them up for sale. Back in the day when I went out to Gibsons I would grab light tan floor mats out of Rivs, LeSabres, etc and just dye them to the Reatta Beechwood tan. I'd buy them for less then $5.00 each. Salvage yards are different. They think the money is in engines, trannys, fenders , bumpers etc. But I always thought the bigger money should be in the "soft" goods like seats, inner door panels, visors, etc.

"Just like that 88 specific horn button" - you mean the black one ? Was a running change to the gold one fairly late in the run.

Sorry I meant Black button. My car is not a "Select 60" but could be as it is a Black/Tan with 16 way suede seats and the Black button.

Edited by DAVES89

Yes, the early 88s had the black and silver horn button 

Thanks for the advice everyone, much appreciated!!

Brent~