Alarm problem

Bob Reed

Car alarm goes off every time I open either door. Won't turn off no matter what you do, times out and shuts off after 3 minutes. I pulled the horn relay for now but need help to fix. Bob

Does it go off if you unlock the drivers door with the key before opening the door?

Yes, it stays on no matter what I do.

Edited by Bob Reed

My '88 doesn't have keyless entry so I can't offer much help with your '90. Someone should be along soon might be able to help you.

One other question comes to mind, does the alarm go off every time you open the doors or just after locking them?

This article might have information that is related to the problem you are having. Door Locks By Itself - Remedy

Also, there are switches inside the door near the keylock that are actuated by the key and the power door locks. A switch could be bad and not telling the alarm system that it has been disarmed.

1.) The Theft Deterrent Module, way up under the left-hand side of the dash, has a 20amp in-line fuse right next to it.  Just pull the fuse to disable the system...no fuss no muss.

2.) Are you using a key fob?  If so, you might need to reprogram the fobs.  Instructions are in the Reatta Owners Journal.

Reatta Owners Journal - The Buick Reatta Community

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My 88 has the anti-theft module and has been known (rarely) to self-energise. Is covered in the Factory Service Manual.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 11:37 AM, ship said:

1.) The Theft Deterrent Module, way up under the left-hand side of the dash, has a 20amp in-line fuse right next to it.  Just pull the fuse to disable the system...no fuss no muss.

2.) Are you using a key fob?  If so, you might need to reprogram the fobs.  Instructions are in the Reatta Owners Journal.

Reatta Owners Journal - The Buick Reatta Community

I found and pulled the blade type fuse. Problem solved!!! Thank you very much!!!

• Thanks 1