Bad Day :(

Philbo

Well, on my way to work this morning driving my reatta, whatever this thing is came off the back of a truck and rolled into my lane hitting the side of my reatta :classic_angry::classic_sad:. Damaged the passenger side fender behind the wheel. IMG_20220331_084824.thumb.jpg.a1cdbe0f76b27d89a33cb4957abbe098.jpgIMG_20220331_084059.thumb.jpg.b938fe67d4d3f2aca72a696bd5d9b35d.jpg

• Sad 4

Sorry to hear that. Looks like the fender took a pretty hard lick. I guess the truck just kept on going and disappeared out of site as they usually do.

Yeah. I honestly did not even see exactly which vehicle it came from. It was fairly congested too, which unfortunately ruled out most evasive maneuvering.  Bad luck

Comprehensive will cover it. My car [the Red] was "shot" by a rock from a guy with a riding lawnmower. I was on a rural road with no shoulder to pull over with traffic all around so I kept going. Notified my insurance company and they had me get an estimate and paid 100% of the claim.

3 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

Comprehensive will cover it. My car [the Red] was "shot" by a rock from a guy with a riding lawnmower. I was on a rural road with no shoulder to pull over with traffic all around so I kept going. Notified my insurance company and they had me get an estimate and paid 100% of the claim.

Yeah that is what I am hoping for. I have an appointment on Monday to get an estimate. Only thing I am worried about is it destroyed the little trim piece there. Might be difficult to source a new one.

Always unfortunate when something like this happens....try to keep in perspective that it could have been worse.  Looks like you will be able to get it back to the way it was. Let us know how you make out on the repairs.  

• Thanks 1

Well, got the appraisal done for repair. They estimated that the whole panel needs to be replaced. They told me it cannot be repaired since it is a plastic panel.  He was going to try to find a replacement. I told him to look at this site and try contacting the vendors.

• Like 1

Reatta front fenders are the same molded panel used by Fieros and TranSports. Small triim piece is front passenger side only.