Rear taillights not working

BDF

I assume there is a use for my taillights, but cannot find one. I’ve checked both on each side of the console, also engine compartment. What or where should I be looking?

Welcome to the forum. Looking at the service manual, I think it should be fuse # 10, park lights. I believe it will be in the panel on the drivers side console on your '90.

BDF said:

Replaced the park lamp fuse, no change, could it be the park lamp relay??

The power for taillights goes from the park fuse to the headlight switch and directly to the taillights and the parking lights in the front. Are the front parking lights working?

EDIT: Please don't use the "report" button. Use the reply box below.

Yes, front parking lights , in fact all other lights work, even brake light on the back deck works.

EDIT: I made the mistake of assuming the '90 taillights were the same as early models like mine. There is a "Park light relay" used in the '90 model so it could be your problem. What I wrote below may not apply. Sorry...

The other light working proves the headlight switch and fuses are good. Are the brake lights working? Is so that proves the ground to the taillight bulbs is good. If not you may have a bad ground at the taillight.

If there brake lights are working you have a problem with power getting from the headlight switch to the taillights. Could be a bad connection or less likely a broken wire. If that is the case you will need to pull the taillight out and do some testing to see where you are losing power. Instructions are here. I have some photos that might be helpful. I need to add the photos to to the instructions for removing the taillight but don't have time to do it right now. . Tail Light Bulb Replacement