Battery Jumped Backwards - The Damage Done?

DKirk

Did you say you put in a known working IPC? When I bought my 1990 it had the error 00 display. It would occasionally work but mostly didn't. Everything would light up with the test button, but I did get a replacement one that has worked ever since.  The test button verifies that all the display lights work but not neceasarily that the IPC works.

1 hour ago, DKirk said:

The IPC Instrument Panel "Test" button correctly lights all of the IPC segments, so I'm left to believe the 00-Error that is showing is related to a lack of data to display.

• Like 1

The eBay seller "said" it was "tested" but I'm now suspicious of it. I will be scouring the local junk yards for a 90-93 Riviera in the morning, while entertaining sending the original IPC out for proper repair somewhere. Here in the Frankenmuth MI area we have some decent salvage yards with older cars still in the field. Am I correct, the 90 and 91 clusters are unique from their earlier 8x-89 clusters, and if I find a working 90-93 Riviera cluster it should work in this 90?

That is correct, the 88/89 is different and the 1990/91 Reatta and 1990-1993 Rivs are the same.

So there is this Repair Service on ebay That is not a bad price. You send yours in and they refurbish and send back. I think they incluse a waranty as well. 

I was going to use them but ended up buying a working used one off one of the vendors from this site (can't remember which one but will try to find out) for slightly less.