blend door acuator

john d

Are you asking about this part? The only source I can think of is from a junk climate programmer. Try one of the vendors listed at the head of the page.

20171101_194514.jpg

Never had an actuator go bad on any of my Reattas. The arm on top of the actuator is a known to fail item.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

Never had an actuator go bad on any of my Reattas. The arm on top of the actuator is a known to fail item.

The clip on the arm at the flapper door is plastic and it breaks so the rod is no longer effective. Partially hidden by the BCM forward of the glovebox

I see that 2 seater has the motor out of the complete unit. My understanding is if you can move the arm, which I can, the motor is no good. and yes that is what I'm looking for. I'm in the process of calling junk yards. They will of course only sell complete unit. Appreciate any help, as always.

Never had a motor fail, have had a blend door stuck shut and had to adjust the arm a bit shorter.

I have a disassembled programmer and I just checked the arm on the motor. It does not move, so I believe you are correct about the motor, unless the arm slips on the steel shaft of the motor?? I don't know the provenance of this programmer🤨 It is either a replacement I purchased some time ago or it is the one from my 89 parts car? Essentially I don't remember what I intended to do with it. PM me if you strike out through a vendor.

2 seater. Will let you know how I make out with vendors. Perhaps a nine volt transistor battery to the motor you have could check its function.

2 hours ago, john d said:

2 seater. Will let you know how I make out with vendors. Perhaps a nine volt transistor battery to the motor you have could check its function.

Just checked it with a 12vdc power supply and it works in both directions. If you have the HVAC programmer out of the car, the motor assembly simply unplugs and a couple of screws hold it in. The brown and orange wires go to the motor, the other three; red, white and blue, in this case, are for the position encoder to tell the BCM the position of the arm and aren't needed to test the motor.

• Thanks 1

2 seater. Appreciate all your help. I'll take the motor if you are interested in selling it. Please reach out to me at processing713@gmail.com or 786 493 7689. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 8:17 PM, Padgett said:

BTW AFAIR the servo motor is a worm gear that cannot be driven by the output.

I believe you are 100% on that. I sent the motor to the OP and after inquiring about the result was informed it fixed his issue. I suggested sharing that with the forum but after a week, no response.😕

• 2 weeks later...

Its a good thing I can look up acronyms on the internet after racking my brain when the guess comes up empty or doesn't make sense. 🙂

Well is here and then  there is, and I have some: IMNSHO (in my not so humble opinion). Ant then there is New Old Stock, New Old Reproduction Stock, New Off The Shelf (never worked)., and finally the end all GPAR ( Go Pound A Rock).

• Haha 2