Middles Floor Counsel Light?

Buzzard67

Hi everyone. 

I'm new to this site.

I own a 1990 Reatta. Never owned one before, but love Buicks. First car 1970 Buick Skylark. Still own 1989 Buick Regal Custom coupe.

I'm trying to figure out all the little problems with my new car. Idid try checking the fourum before I asked this question. Either I didn't put the right search question or didn't know where to look. 

1st- Is there a light that displays the gear positions ( Park, Revers , Neutral , Drive etc. ) and if there is how do I access and replace the bulb ( bulb number ). 

Thanks 

Okay ........ I don't know what that means.

Is this something that can light up? If it can , could I replace it or even find one? Or is there a wired connection I could trouble shoot?

Any pictures would be helpful.

Thanking you

Edited by Buzzard67

Hello Ronnie.

I'm very grateful for the above instructions and photos. But if I'm unskilled and just want to buy the electroluminecent panel where would I be able to do that?

I know the '88/89 has a 110 volt system for backlighting, but I thought the '90/91 went to 12 volt. I could be wrong but I've not seen an inverter in the later cars. Where would it be?

The '90 and '91 are 12 volt, no inverter.  I personally have never taken apart the console.  But, according to www.sylvania.com the "auto trans indicator light" is a bulb and it's #194.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ship said:

The '90 and '91 are 12 volt, no inverter.  I personally have never taken apart the console.  But, according to www.sylvania.com the "auto trans indicator light" is a bulb and it's #194.

I Live in Minnesota and just had our 1st bought of snow. So I have stored my 1990 Reatta away for the winter but I will check the center council has a light blub or that light strip.

I also need to know where to look to repair my gas cap lid. Its stuck open.

Thanking you