Resistance shifting into park

RemSteele

Team I need your help. The temps dropped here on in the northeast and thought that was the problem.

Today a 60 degree day and I have the same problem.

When going from reverse to park I encounter a noticeable resistance that was not there before.

I can force the shift lever every time but I'm sure at some point something is going to break.

Anyone had this problem? Is there link on how to remove the console?

Thanks in advance for your help,

RJ 

There is a "How to" on the top of the page, it's in there. I don't think that is your issue [inside the console]. I think it is in the linkage at the transmission inside the engine compartment. I believe there is a "How to" on that as well.

Thanks for the response. I've had to use the kit to repair cable on the trans lever. 

What would I be looking for? 

I don't see any restrictions.

Thanks,

RJ

I've had the console apart a number of times to run leads and there really isn't much in there. But if you did the trans clip repair in the engine compartment and are sure you didn't displace anything doing that repair then take a look inside the console.

I would disconnect the cable from the shifter arm on the transmission and see if the shifter lever in the car will move freely as it should. If it does the problem is inside the transmission or with the where the cable connects to the arm. Maybe the kit you installed is causing something to bind.

Thanks. Very good idea. Although l have reservations about taking the cable off the transmission lever. I was concerned that was a inexpensive repair. Although it has held. 

That is a clear way to determine. Wish me luck!

• Like 1

Sorry team, weekend came and went without me working on the car. A Saturday drive found a little less resistance. Wonder was it temperature related? It was in the mid sixty's this weekend.

I'd just pop the link off the tranny (under the master cyl) and see if resistance is in the cable. If so bike shops have a cable lubricator or under a sawbuck on Amazon.