Cruise Control error

Kevindjac

I would check to see if there are any BCM codes stored in diagnostics that might give a clue to what is going on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Padgett said:

B448 is a good one.

I agree code B448 is a good one in the fact that it can usually be easily be corrected by adding Freon. I have no idea what it would have to do with the cruise control not working. Unless you can explain the reason you posted that all it amounts to is a distraction to solving the problem at hand which is a cruise control problem.

Is very simple: brane fade. Shouldabin B552 BCM memory reset (usually happens when change battery). Remind me not to post from memory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Padgett said:

Is very simple: brane fade.

Been there, done that... a lot. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Been there, done that... a lot. 🙂

Got the tee shirt🙄

• Like 1

Thanks for the codes guys I'll check it out on my Wednesday when I'm off, incidentally the heater core is shot also, residue on passenger side window above defrost vent, then the cruise Control issue started coming up shortly after that not sure why but anyhow thanks I'll keep ya posted.

Edited by Kevindjac

So after much digging I found out the brake switch can affect operation of the cruise Control. I checked the it, it was pretty far out of the bracket under the dash, I pushed it back in and the input showed high on the diagnostics and lo when I pressed the brake pedal so hopefully this will fix the issue. I love this forum and the AA forum so much info at your fingertips, thanks again to everyone that has gave me advice.

Edited by Kevindjac
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So the brake switch pushed into the bracket didn't fix the problem, so I'm off the next few weeks after my wife has her surgery Tuesday I'm going to go in deeper into it and remove the servo, it had no continuity but I'm going o try again maybe I didn't have ohm meter set right, wish me luck have a great day and I'll keep ya posted!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So this is what my servo looks like on the inside, it doesn't look like any wires are broken on the coils but yet I get resistance reading on the prongs.

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/iMkr4PHcNXVS

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/xfQfGzHwWooi

If anyone sees anything but dirty coils, that I'm not seeing let me know. Otherwise the only other thing I know is to replace it that being said anyone know where I can get on for a decent price? I found one on O'Reilly's for $90+ tax.

Most any junk yards [I go to You Picks] has them for way less. The servo is on millions of G M cars.

I don’t know if you fixed your problem yet but I had a problem with my cruise the light would come like it was working but it didn’t do anything changed the headlight switch and problem solved.

10 minutes ago, Reatta 89 said:

I don’t know if you fixed your problem yet but I had a problem with my cruise the light would come like it was working but it didn’t do anything changed the headlight switch and problem solved.

I'm impressed with your troubleshooting abilities. How did you arrive at the decision to change the headlight switch to fix a cruise control problem?

My headlights stopped working pulled the switch couple of burnt terminals changed the switch and everything was working even the cruise 

• Thanks 1

I ran into that when I was swapping switches from the Red car your dad got from me into the Red I currently have. The cruise would work intermittently and I was swapping cruise servos thinking that was the problem. That wasn't it so I remembered that I had swapped the switch and shortly after that the cruise issue started. So I swapped in a different one and the cruise worked as should. So the lesson learned is that sometimes even if the indicator light is on that doesn't mean the switch isn't bad. I also do not touch any buttons on the headlight switch other then the headlight off/on switches. I leave the cruise switch engaged and the fog lights are set in the on position and are never touched.

9 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

...So the lesson learned is that sometimes even if the indicator light is on that doesn't mean the switch isn't bad. I also do not touch any buttons on the headlight switch other then the headlight off/on switches. I leave the cruise switch engaged and the fog lights are set in the on position and are never touched.

We will have to remember this when a cruise control problem pops up on the forum. Without hearing about the experiences you guys had with the headlight switch being the the reason the cruise wouldn't work I would never have thought about it being a potential source of the problem. I learn something new about these cars everyday. I also leave the cruise and fog light buttons engaged all the time so maybe that is the reason I've never had this problem.

• Like 1