A Dryer Non-garage Kept Reatta Convertible.

Philbo

So I only have a car-port so I have to keep my Reatta outside and living in the hot humid south I have noticed that it gets pretty humid and clammy in the car during the summer, especially after rain.

To combat this I decided to try one of these miniature dehumidifiers.

https://www.eva-dry.com/product/e-250/

So far it seems to be working really well. I figured I would share and see if anyone has different solutions to share.

Or maybe I'm the only one who doesn't have a garage lol.

• Like 1

Spent many years with a carport. Worse than sunlight is night sky radiation which can chill a car well below the ambient and dew forms everywhere. Just add a little electrolyte (salt is worst) and you get instant rust particularly around windows. When I had this house built it just had a two car garage. When interest rates dropped from 12% to 7% added the back garage. Now at 3% and have "more" for about the price of a swimming pool and enclosure. Just a matter of priorities.

BTW have a car that is outside under a 6 layer reflective cover. Windows are closed but still gets moist. Have found a Damp-Rid lasts for a month or two which is about how often I take it out. I also have a 15W solar charger taped on the cover. Car always starts when I go out to it.

17 minutes ago, Padgett said:

BTW have a car that is outside under a 6 layer reflective cover. Windows are closed but still gets moist. Have found a Damp-Rid lasts for a month or two which is about how often I take it out. I also have a 15W solar charger taped on the cover. Car always starts when I go out to it.

I have wanted to get one of those solar chargers for my GMC as I do not drive it super often.  I have a car cover but it isn't a reflective one.  What brand do you have?