Brake Reservoir Cap - 1990 Teves

alchemist

Hello, looking to make up a pressure bleeder cap for my current brake bleeder system.  Nothing I have fits, so I am looking for an aftermarket cap with gasket, or a used cap so I can adapt accordingly.  I have emailed East Coast Reatta to see what they have as well.

I have read the brake bleed procedure, just want to make a specific pressure bleed cap for this vehicle.  Or if someone knows the proper adapter that works with a Motive pressure bleeder, that would work as well.

Now that I am thinking about it, I might just train my wife to help with the procedure and I can complete the task today.

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by alchemist

I made mine from a junkyard cap. I just drilled and tapped to 1/4" npt and attached a fitting. The cap has to be modified somewhat by increasing the gasket thickness to seal tightly to the reservoir, as well as a hole in the middle of course. The design of the standard cap breathes so it must be sealed or it will leak. There probably is a Dorman replacement cap available at a FLAPS also, it is where I bought mine for my Subaru for the same purpose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2seater said:

There probably is a Dorman replacement cap available at a FLAPS also, it is where I bought mine for my Subaru for the same purpose.

Checked the majors (Napa, Auto Zone, Advance Auto), they all spec the wrong ones online.

Putting the wife to work on this one, doing it the old fashioned way for the fronts and using the ABS pump for the rears.

• Like 1

Old fashioned way for brakes is the system from an 86-90 Riviera. Personally like the Teves, it works well.