Reatta Connector Terminal Size

Philbo

Hi folks, long time no see. Sorry life has just been busy.

I randomly had a problem with my brake lights not working. Turn signals and hazards work but brake lights dont. The center light does work though.  Long story short, after much pain and suffering, i traced it to a bad terminal in connector C202 (see picture) A5 white wire. I need to repair that terminal. Do any of you by chance know what size GM metri-pack terminal these use?

Sorry electrical is not my forte and I don't know :(

1630451791623540116393296792000.jpg

16304518446054055221178169712760.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so a little update on this issue. 

So while that terminal was bad, it was not the root cause.  The root cause ended up being a short in the turn signal switch inside the steering column, which in turn caused that lead in connector C202 that I showed above to get hot and melt the insulation.  I did a little digging and apparently it is not an uncommon issue for GM cars from that era (which in typical GM fashion all pretty much used the same turn signal switch.) 

Attached is a quick and dirty write up of the procedure.  Maybe it will help someone else out some day:

Reatta Turn Signal Switch Replacement.pdf

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Philbo said:

Attached is a quick and dirty write up of the procedure.  Maybe it will help someone else out some day:

Excellent write up. I will add it to the how-To guides here on ROJ when I get time.  With your permission of course...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1