New here

Barney Eaton

For some reason I did not know that Ronnie had a forum along with his other great information on Reattas. 

I am a regular on the AACA forum.... most of the time at the Reatta site but also look at other Buick post.
I am the BCA technical advisor for Reattas........doesn't mean I know everything about Reattas but probably know someone that does. 

My only Reatta for about the last 9 years is a 1991 Black/red coupe with CD and 16 way seats,  it has around 28K miles. 

IMG_1496.JPG

12737120351_266733809_IM1_06_240x180_A_240x180.jpg

• Like 6

Welcome Barney! This forum has been here for several years. I hope you come back often.  Very nice black Reatta. It looks like new.

• Like 1

I've seen your name on the Reatta Parts Vendor's list so your post was one of immediate recognition. Glad your on the ROJ and look forward to you weighing in on Q's and concerns of other Reatta owners. Agree with Ronnie - your Reatta is pretty sharp!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I have trouble with technology...... I was trying to post this under the new member section and it ended up being a new post, sorry.

I have some decisions to make..... wife broke her hip at Christmas,  daughter lives in Dallas and she suggested rehab there so she could help. 

after rehab,  we moved her to a memory unit as I was having problem taking care of her by myself.    The hip is healed and she can walk as good as me. 

but the memory does not get any better.    It is about 180 miles between my house and the daughters and I am trying to spend more time at home because there 

is always something that need to be done at home.    Because of advancing age, wife 3 hours away,  I need to make some future plans about where I live.  

Nothing to rush into but I have a lot of "stuff" that need sorting thru and much of it will need a new home.    I sold my '39 Buick Century just before she broke her hip.

Have a 1965 Corvair Corsa convertible that will need a new home,  a collection of table top scales,  pocket knife collection, and these old brass pumps used before we 

had electricity.  

DSC00115.JPG

11-14 001.jpg

DSC00141.JPG

calculating IV.jpg

Edited by Barney Eaton
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Barney Eaton said:

I was trying to post this under the new member section and it ended up being a new post, sorry.

No problem Barney. We are pretty relaxed around here about where things get posted.

Sorry to hear about your wife. It sounds like it might be a real hardship on you having to try to be in two places at once. I hope the situation will work out better for you in the future. Sounds like you have already started the process of downsizing if you need to move. I hope your Reatta is the last one to go. You are an asset to the Reatta community and I would hate to see you leave it.

I'm pretty old and I've never saw any pumps like those in your photo. I'm sure an antique collector would be happy to get them.

• Like 1

Hello Barney!  Like everyone here, I'm very glad to see you on the forum and look forward to reading your posts.  You've been of great help to me dealing with my Reatta by supplying parts and advice.  I send best wishes to you and your family.

I really shouldn't ask but please send info on the Corvair. Could it be driven to Florida ?

Welcome Barney.  Very sorry to hear about your wife.  I really like the color combo of your Reatta.  I met you back in 2011 at the Danvers, MA BCA National.