Help identifying connections/relays

Nailhed66

60F18FD4-B13E-4C0E-BCA6-276657EAFECF.thumb.jpeg.99a19aa210f227d822b2fcb316e03392.jpegCan anyone identify what’s the function of these three relays/connector  ? The one on the left is loose and keeps falling off it’s mount.  The FSM is very sketchy and I’m having trouble figuring it out. Thanks 

• Like 1

Thanks for your quick response, where in the FSM did you find this ?  I guess I’m overwhelmed by all the pages and sections.

Actually I don't remember. I just remembered I had saved the image on my computer.

Be sure you secure the relays to the firewall. I've heard of them falling down on the exhaust and melting.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I copied the picture submitted by Nailhead66, as well as the FSM diagram submitted by Ronnie, and added both to my Reatta folder for future reference. Thanks to you both.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ron Walker said:

I copied the picture submitted by Nailhead66, as well as the FSM diagram submitted by Ronnie, and added both to my Reatta folder for future reference. Thanks to you both.

Make yourself a note that your '89 might not be exactly the same as the '88s model that Nailhead66 and I own. I think the '89 models might just have 2 relays on the firewall instead of 3 like the '88s have but I'm not sure of that.

Good point. I checked, and my '89 has only two of those sensors, not three as shown in the above photo and FSM. I'm going to assume that the fuel pump relay may be the missing sensor and must be located elsewhere. 

It's interesting that so many changes were made between the '88 and '89. I know there also are significant changes between my '89 and the '90 that my brother has. 

All models look basically the same but there are several differences in all years.

10 hours ago, Ron Walker said:

Good point. I checked, and my '89 has only two of those sensors, not three as shown in the above photo and FSM. I'm going to assume that the fuel pump relay may be the missing sensor and must be located elsewhere. 

It's interesting that so many changes were made between the '88 and '89. I know there also are significant changes between my '89 and the '90 that my brother has. 

I have looked at a number of 1989 Reattas over the years and never seen a two relay firewall. You must have a very late 1989 production Reatta. If you do have the 2 relay firewall your fuel pump relay should be on the driver's side console.

I know the third tab on my firewall is for the fuel pump and is there. One time it fell off the tab and landed on the engine and melted causing a no run situation...

I don't know for certain for all, but the the three '89's I have contact with, the red and black from Daves89 and the parts donor all have three relays on the firewall. My early '90 has two.

Why I have all of the FSMs, P&I, and the TSBs. for every year. Have same for Allantes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2seater said:

I don't know for certain for all, but the the three '89's I have contact with, the red and black from Daves89 and the parts donor all have three relays on the firewall. My early '90 has two.

I am a "junker" [one who frequents you pull it salvage yards] and one who has bought Reattas to part out and have never seen an '89 with only two relays on the firewall.

The only explanation I can come up with for the '89 FSM showing two relays on the firewall is it was planned for one of the relays to be moved on '89 models when the manual was printed but didn't get implemented until '90.

• Agree 1

I must have a late '89 build.

I'm copying the FSM diagram provided by Padgett and will add to my Reatta folder. Thanks.

Just checked an my 89 FSM showing two relays is the "final edition" dated 3/89. I do not have a "preliminary" but are often different editions.

• Like 1