Cassette Player Not Working

BlakesReatta

Has anyone had issues with their cassette player not working? The one that was in my 1988 doesn't work and clicks when you put in a tape. I ordered a replacement and it does the same thing? Is this what happens when something goes bad in them. I grew up with cassettes so I am very familiar with them. I hope I am not doing something wrong with the system. When you press play on the touch screen, the play button stays highlighted meaning it is playing?

TIA

Do you need for 88 or 90, are different. Usually the rubber drive belts have worn out. Rodney Dickman used to have them but could not find on his site. All of my cars have hands-free and have over 500 albums on my phone so need no 4-tracks, 8-tracks, cassettes, or CDs.

51 minutes ago, Padgett said:

Do you need for 88 or 90, are different. Usually the rubber drive belts have worn out. Rodney Dickman used to have them but could not find on his site. All of my cars have hands-free and have over 500 albums on my phone so need no 4-tracks, 8-tracks, cassettes, or CDs.

1988 is the cassette player I am working on. My 1990 has a cd player. I haven't tried the cassette player in my 90 yet.