Keyless Remote Entry Fobs

PSReattaFan

•  

I have come upon many keyless entry fobs that look just like the 1991 Reatta fob, except for the front mfr logo.  These have a multitude of FCC and part numbers.  My original Reatta fob is P/N 22093186 and FCC GLQ926-1507.  But there are Cadillac and Olds fobs P/N 22110687, 22100945, 10178734, 22094436, 22110689, 22100649 and an FCC ABO0502T.

My question:  Are these fobs interchangeable?  Will they all work on the Reatta if programmed using the trunk programming wire? When replacing or adding a second remote fob, which ones are compatible with the Reatta? (1991 Black/Tan and 1989 White/Maroon).

Thanks!

For my 1990, I have a cadillac fob. I think most of the GM fobs from this era are interchangeable. There are charts available which show which fobs are compatible with the radio module in the car.

Agree, Cadillac fob buttons are shaped and easy to push. Buick are all round.

For some reason, Allantes never came with RKE. Have the parts to adapt a Reatta unit, fobs are electrically the same and antitheft appears to be compatible.

Edited by Padgett

20 hours ago, Padgett said:

Agree, Cadillac fob buttons are shaped and easy to push. Buick are all round.

For some reason, Allantes never came with RKE. Have the parts to adapt a Reatta unit, fobs are electrically the same and antitheft appears to be compatible.

You're right about the cadillac fob being easier to use because of the buttons. The Buick fobs have a more interesting design but are more difficult to push the buttons.

I used the cadillac key fobs on my previously owned '92 Rivieras.  I scraped the "Cadillac" script off and applied Buick tri-shield stickers to them that I found on eBay.

• Like 1