ANFSCD - Yazaki

Padgett

Have spent a lot of time trying to find a contact at Yazaki with no luck so far. In this case I tend to broadcast for help even in unlikely places Yazaki made instruments for GM that have no documentation, no schematics, and when opened are a mass of little white wires. GM just replaced the whole thing "not servicable". Now are not replaceable either.

Anyone near their plant who might be able to check ? Their address is 6700 Haggerty Road, Canton, MI 48187 and Google maps says is still there.

Below is a label. Note the GM part number. Also alla them little white wires.

cluslab.jpg

displays1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OMG. Alla them little white wires would be a b_ _ _ _ to try to follow and reconnect. 

Yes it is.  Also the display modules (lower thingies) would be a single 1/4" wide board with integral backlighting now. Top connects to a circuit board that is the display section of a Reatta BCM and the front display take the place of the touchscream with a lot more complexity. Suspect what will kill the collectivity of the Allante (with the 4.5 is really a nice car to drive and mine have removable hardtops.) is the failure of the center stack.

Now that I think aboudit my Arduino kit has a similar display and all the panel does is take the same IO as a Reatta and display. The Reatta has different screens, the Alante has whole different screams but the commands and the responses are the same just different displays. Hmmm whole different screams but the commands and the responses are the same. Both do the same thing. Hmmm.

photo1.thumb.jpg.4c318c5e4b939602865478286da7c0ac.jpg

• Like 1

All those buttons remind me of a console on the space shuttle. Maybe the Reatta's CRT isn't all that complicated after all. I believe it would be easier to find a button you are looking for while driving on the CRT.  I took my Reatta to a little cruise-in at a shopping mall last night and the young guys were taking turns sitting in my car and looking at the CRT screens. Some of them even took pictures of it. They couldn't believe a '88 model car came with a touch screen. At first they thought the dash had been modified to add the touch screen. That is when I turned on the key and let them see how it worked.

• Agree 1

Exactly. One option I am looking into is replacing the whole thing with about a 10" tablet with touchscreen. Another is removing the gutz and replacing with an Arduino & modern LCDs. Keep the original buttons (if you look at the Reatta screens, it is the same but has a few extras.. ALDLstuff says all.