1988 Suede Two Tone Seats

BlakesReatta

Hi everybody,

I'm curious to know were the suede two-tone seats only available in 1988? From what I've read it seems like these were only available in 1988 and for only a certain number of cars. I think these are so cool. My 1988 seats have been reupholstered (gray interior) so I'm not sure if it originally had the suede in the side bolstering. Also, it seems I only notice the suede in tan interiors. Any info you can provide I'm interested in. TIA!

Believe it was the first 1700-odd cars only. Do you have the black horn button or the gold one ?

13 hours ago, Padgett said:

Believe it was the first 1700-odd cars only. Do you have the black horn button or the gold one ?

Mine is black with white lettering.

That is the early one but depends on the last four of the serial number and I forget the exact number but was in the 1700s.

• Like 1

From what I can tell from following all the forum posts, all early models had the black horn button but not all the ones with the black horn button had suede on the sides of the seats.

• Like 1

Correct why I mentioned the VIN. However if have a gold button, suede is not original. Personally rather have my sunroof (late 88 cars only).

According to the VIN my ‘88 is number 375 and has all smooth leather seat facing. It’s a very original 58,000 mile car, so I’m thinking that suede  bolsters  were optional or were a limited run after 375.

1 hour ago, Nailhed66 said:

According to the VIN my ‘88 is number 375 and has all smooth leather seat facing. It’s a very original 58,000 mile car, so I’m thinking that suede  bolsters  were optional or were a limited run after 375.

What color is your horn button. Black or Gold?

1 hour ago, Nailhed66 said:

Tan interior was very popular however my 1988 has 16 way suede bolsters. Maybe if your car has the 6 way they had used up the suede already. BTW my horn button was black but I swapped it out for the sunburst. I also removed the suede bolster 16 way [they are perfect] for the "normal" [without suede bolster] 16 way passenger seats. They work fine and look great also.

• Like 2

My horn button is black and the car has the base 6 way seats. Perhaps suede was an upgrade with the 16 way seats.