Funny Conversation with Buick Dealer Parts Department

alchemist

I called the local Oshkosh, WI Buick dealer today for giggles to see if they could order some common service items for me.  When I started by saying it was a 1990 Reatta, at first he was confused.  He then commented 'Those are more difficult to find parts for than a Pontiac Fiero'.  LOL...

I then commented mine was a convertible with 24k miles on it, to which I heard 'NO WAY'.

Funny story of the day...

Cheers!

Steve

Edited by alchemist
  • Like 5

I had a similar experience with my local Buick dealer when I stopped in to order a drivers side door handle.  A long time employee remembered that they had a Reatta in the show room and "had to practically give it away" due to its high (for the era) sticker price.  However, the younger of the employee staff had to go to the parking lot to see what a Reatta was. They were amazed. 

Bottom line, I had to get the door handle from Jim Finn who handles used parts. The Buick dealer was of no help. 

• Like 2

It is amazing the difference between Reatta people and Allante people. You would think mutual support would be a good idea. Personally think sales of both would have been better is there had been commonality (if an Allante ABS goes think I'll install a Teves. Both do the same thing the same way.)