Front light insanity

Posti

The left front turn signal indicator bulb went bad on my 1989 Reatta, and i thought it would be an easy fix.  Ha!  First of all, the bulb was not available from any local supplier (890 halogen) and I had to order it from Amazon.  Then I went to install it and read in the shop manual that you pull the light assembly.  The diagram showed two bolts (7mm!) but the disassembly instructions indicate five.  I found the two shown, but not the other three, and the parking light assembly still seemed pretty solidly in place.  Instead, I raised the headlights and pulled the headlight surround.  This gave me barely enough room to check the parking light bulbs .  The turn signal indicator was accessible from under the car.  So all my lights are working again.  Phew!  Buick sure made a challenge out of simple light bulb replacement.

There are 5 screws and yes they are hard to find. When reassembling I omitted one screw as one is really hard to get out.

However I have used Ronnie's tutorial and jack the car up and reach up from underneath and swap them out.

As much as I have enjoyed the forum, it never occurred to me that something as simple as replacing light bulbs would be covered in the how-to guides! I could have saved some time today if I had read up on the excellent instructions. Oh, well.

• 1 month later...

I went through this last week. I did read the How To's and the job was pretty easy. What I did find silly is that there is 7 bulbs in each side. Close to 30 dollars worth of bulbs, but while I had the light apart I replaced them all. I do appreciate this forum! Thanks Ronnie for keeping it going. I'm going to need a lot more How To's I'm afraid.

I'm glad you guys find this ROJ useful. This website my way of giving back a little something for all the help I have received from other Reatta owners over the years.