1990 Door Lock Switch (Drivers Side)

alchemist

Good Morning Everyone,

The fun continues.  This weekend I buttoned up the new stereo and speakers and in the process removed the door panels per the excellent procedure here on this forum.   Before removing the panels, I confirmed function of all electrical components in the doors (seats, mirrors, locks and windows) in case anything else needed attention as long as I had things apart.  Found the drivers side door lock switch does not work, but there is power at the connector on the back.  I sprayed contact cleaner without success.  I know that East Coast Reatta Parts has switches for sale (used) but it appears some new ones may be available here, but it seems inexpensive.  https://www.gmpartsmog.com/p/Buick__Reatta/Lock-Switch/59830686/20685411.html 

Anyone purchase new units of late?  Part number for the drivers switch appears to be 20685411.  Maybe I am getting my hopes up that new ones are available.  Might as well get the passenger side as well!

Thanks!

Steve

Be aware that some parts houses make their profit on shipping. I'd rather buy one from our vendors.

1 hour ago, Padgett said:

Be aware that some parts houses make their profit on shipping. I'd rather buy one from our vendors.

Agreed when possible.  Do any vendors sell new lock switches?  Not seeing that.

Not something that often goes bad but it is your choice, they are available. Personally any time anything goes bad, I tend to buy two. Have had mine for two decades now.