Post Your Favorite Buick Reatta Videos

Interesting video and I liked the hood bulge on the Reatta.

• Like 1
  • Ronnie changed the title to Post Your Favorite Buick Reatta Videos
  • 3 months later...
Ronnie

15 minutes ago, Bertimus said:

Car Wizard praises the Reatta

https://youtu.be/GxZUc3DEpPk

Skip to 16:00

Haha. I wish he was right about the 220-240 horsepower. Otherwise I like what he had to say.

• Like 1
DAVES89

Too bad he wasn't right, I wish we did have 220 HP.

• Like 2
Bertimus

Maybe he worked on supercharged Reattas? Hope he does an exclusive Reatta video in the future

Ron Walker

Now I know why Bertimus said skip to 16:00. I overlooked his comment and thought the Car Wizard was never going to comment on the Reatta. However, aside from the misstatement regarding horsepower, he lumped all 4 years of the Reatta into one segment when he commented about the CRT in the dash. I believe only the '88 and '89 had the CRT

Actually, the first YouTube I've viewed posted by the Car Wizard. The preliminary 10 or so minutes contained a good checklist to consider prior to purchasing a used vehicle. I'll probably watch more of his offerings. 

• Agree 1
Bertimus
12 minutes ago, Ron Walker said:

Now I know why Bertimus said skip to 16:00. I overlooked his comment and thought the Car Wizard was never going to comment on the Reatta. However, aside from the misstatement regarding horsepower, he lumped all 4 years of the Reatta into one segment when he commented about the CRT in the dash. I believe only the '88 and '89 had the CRT

Actually, the first YouTube I've viewed posted by the Car Wizard. The preliminary 10 or so minutes contained a good checklist to consider prior to purchasing a used vehicle. I'll probably watch more of his offerings. 

I agree, overall I enjoy his videos. I recommend to check out his video on the 3800 engine, I posted the link above!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Philbo

He must have been getting confused with the series 2 3800.  I think it was like 210 naturally asperated, and 240 supercharged. I think about 270hp would be right about perfect for a reatta.  Although, to be honest, I don't dislike how it drives with the stock engine. It's not a power house by any means, but decent low end torque and how fast can you go safely/legally on public roads anyway?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
2seater
On 2/3/2021 at 5:31 PM, Bertimus said:

I really enjoyed his video on the 3800 as well: 

https://youtu.be/rK9Y-a1-6JU

Overall a good video. I know it wasn’t a detailed engineering video but I was a bit surprised he didn’t mention the major change with the advent of the Series II, the deck height was reduced one inch. This makes the Series II physically smaller and lighter. There were other changes to be sure, which taken together make almost everything on a Series II incompatible with previous generations. Maybe picking a nit but it was an important change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1