What did you do with your Reatta today.

DAVES89

I still have one more cam sensor, so if this one doesn't stay off I can try another. Kendall did replace the cam magnet when he did the timing chain so I should be good there. Just another thing to watch.

DAVES89

Left to run some errands this morning and the car didn't trip any codes. Started and turned off the car 3 times and so far all is good. Also checked the codes through the CRT and no codes stored there either as current or history.

Edited by DAVES89
  • Like 3

The early style Teves units use a hose/banjo bolt type of pressure line from the pump where the newer and apparently more plentiful type use a steel line. The concern is what to do for a replacement pump on an early unit. The later model uses a 10mm diameter thread and the hose style is an 8mm for the bolt. I found a simple thread reducer in solid steel to reduce the thread diameter to mate properly with the bolt for the hose end. Below is a photo of the reducer partially installed as well as the actual part to the left. Dave and I each have one car with the early style and mine is in an ‘89, which is a puzzle?

5ADF96A7-EE2F-4631-9950-793367214983.thumb.jpeg.98378fa1462887b11bfc9f2310eb9694.jpeg

29 minutes ago, 2seater said:

Dave and I each have one car with the early style and mine is in an ‘89, which is a puzzle?

That is odd because my '88 has the steel line. I thought going from the hose to the steel line was a running change that took place somewhere in the middle of the '88 model production.

Mine is an earlier '88 which explains why I have the "first" style Teves unit. And the '89 that your grandson has gone through a number of owners so who knows? Maybe they just got an entire unit from the salvage yard and swapped it in. You could tell for sure by looking at the hub assembly. If it is a "true" 1988 the ABS sensor will be mounted in a removable bracket. If it is a 1989/90 hub assembly there was a running change where the hub assembly was remanufactured and the ABS lead mounts into it without a bracket.

Edited by DAVES89
DAVES89

Okay it has been just about a month that I have been driving the "new" Black and about 3000 miles as it is now my daily driver winter Reatta. It has proven to be a great car that starts and runs great. I had a bit of trouble with a code E044 and EO41 [history] but that seems to have cleared up. I do have a Amber brake light which means no ABS but if the weather doesn't stop with cold, rain and yes snow it might not get addressed till spring. I drove 30 plus years with no ABS and I guess I can go 3 more months [I leave for Texas in February and March]. I'll just be real careful...

• Like 1
Ronnie
23 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

I drove 30 plus years with no ABS and I guess I can go 3 more months

I feel the same way about ABS. It is a good feature but it doesn't keep you from stopping safely... especially if you grew up driving without it like we did. My truck needs the ABS module replaced but it's almost impossible to remove without a lift. I just put a piece of black tape over the light and will deal with it later when my buddy gets his lift set up at his new house.