DAVES89

What did you do to your Reatta today?

Today I took the '88 Black and it's like turning the clock back on the '89 Black. The seats are more plush, the struts are better giving me a more comfortable ride. I really was having remorse about letting the '89 Black go, but I guess it's like getting a new girlfriend [hard to remember as I've been married 40 years] . I'll miss having it around but now there are new memories to be made with the '88 Black.

I'm even thinking of leaving the Red in storage next summer just so I can get everything sorted out for next winter. My new winter car that was a 2010 Silver Award winner [I have the plaque]. Doesn't sound right but that's how it goes.

On another note the other reason for taking it out was to be sure everything was good with the radiator swap. Everything is good and no leaks.

Adios 89 Black,

"Getty Up, Hi Ho Silver Away 88 Black", as Dave drives the spurs into her romp.

Ole 88 will never make you late!

Will be a great ride, No Worries Mate!

1 hour ago, DAVES89 said:

Today I took the '88 Black and it's like turning the clock back on the '89 Black.

Did someone say black is black?

5 hours ago, DAVES89 said:

The seats are more plush,

Do they have suede bolsters?

9 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Do they have suede bolsters?

They do. It is an early Reatta with suede bolsters, brown steering wheel cap [swapped out for the sunburst], and early Master Cylinder.

I did remove the driver's seat to take into the upholsterer as the thigh extension has a tear in the suede. I then swapped in a later passenger seat and think I will swap out the suede passenger seat with a later tan seat. That way I keep the suede seats nice for one of the other cars [the Red or the 'vert].

Ronnie......Funny, Los Bravos.......they must date back to the late 50s.

• Like 1