ABS Wheel Speed Sensor

wufibugs

Rebuilding the front suspension of my 90. With the knuckle off, I was only able to free the driver's side sensor by pressing it out using a C-Clamp.  Soaking it in PB Blaster for a few days had no effect whatsoever.  When I got round to the right side, as a psychological ritual I again soaked in PB with the same outcome.  Here, however, the C-Clamp alone would not budge it.  So I inserted a socket between the clamp and the sensor barrel.  That managed to get it out, but the socket crushed the barrel in.  I learned that the distance between the barrel and the teeth on the axle is crucial which means my sensor is toast.  Just how toasted depends on whether: 

1. The barrel is removeable, and if so how?  If one can remove the barrel, does anyone have a barrel they would like/be willing to sell me?

2. I see no way to separate the cable from the sensor without making a very troublesome splice, which I would like to avoid [both the splice, and the test of my skills at making it]  Assuming the barrel cannot be replaced, does anyone have a complete [that includes sensor, cable, and connector] sensor/cable assembly that I can purchase?  [Yes, I am on my knees, begging]

I searched to see whether the cable assembly is being aftermarketed.  Though part number ABS600, which is supposed to be the Reatta cable assembly, does come up, what I see does not resemble our sensor assembly.  Same seems to be true of the rear ABS speed sensor cable assembly, ABS1466.

• Like 1